Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Casserole #3 - Tater Tot Casserole

Well last nights casserole was good...everyone seemed to really enjoy it. I think I would prefer a reuben sandwich! So tonights casserole is one of my old standbys. About 10 years ago I got this recipe from a fellow transcriptionist from the States. Apparently this is quite common there, not so much up here? Here it is:

1 pound hamburger
1 onion chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
shredded cheese
package of tater tots
seasoning salt

Cook hamburger and onions until no longer pink. Put beef in casserole dish and add soup and some shredded cheese (as much as you want-maybe 1/2-3/4 cup?). Put tater tots on top of beef mixture and sprinkle with seasoning salt and more shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (until tater tots are no longer frozen and golden brown). This is a big hit with my kids!



I hope everyone is enjoying casserole week?
Until next time xxooDebbie

No comments:

Post a Comment