Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Casserole #2 - Reuben Casserole

Well last nights casserole was a success!! My hubby went on and on about it and how I have to make it again!

For today's casserole, I searched the internet. My family LOVES reuben sandwiches so I found this one and hopefully it is a success as well. I would think you would have to be a fan of sauerkraut to want to try this one!

Here we go:

1/2 to 1 pound of corned beef, cooked, diced or sliced (I just bought corned beef in deli)
1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
1 can or bag sauerkraut (16 ounces) drained
1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese (I just used Swiss cheese slices bought in deli)
6 slices rye bread crumbled
1/4 cup butter, melted

Place corned beef in a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Dot with the dressing. Spread sauerkraut over top; sprinkle with cheese (or lay cheese slices on top). Toss crumbled rye bread with the butter then sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.






Well stayed tuned for tomorrow! LOL!!!
Hope everyone is having a great week so far?
Until next time xxooDebbie

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmmm
    keep me posted on how this went over
    it looks and sounds yummy........
    talk soon
    karalyn

    ReplyDelete