Monday, December 6, 2010

Casserole Week!

We are gonna have a bit of fun this week. When we were having dinner on Friday, my youngest son challenged me to a week of nothing but casseroles? Challenge accepted!!! We do not have casseroles very often and when I say not very often, I mean only a couple of times a year so this should prove to be interesting! I have picked an old standby, one out of my head, a new one off the internet and one I haven't made since I was 12!

Day one- Rigatoni casserole (for some reason the pics wouldn't load in order for me?)

I just made this recipe out of my head so here goes.

1 pound hamburger
1 onion chopped
1/2 green pepper - diced
1/2 red pepper - diced
a few mushrooms cut up
1 zuccini - diced
2-3 garlic gloves-minced
spagetti sauce (your choice)
1/2 package of rigatoni
mozzarella cheese - as much as you want!

Boil rigatoni according to directions. Fry hamburger with onion, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, zuccini until hamburger is no longer pink. Add spagetti sauce and cooked rigatoni. Shred some cheese in mixture and stir until all mixed. Put in casserole dish and shred more cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until cheese on top is melted.



I hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Until next time xxooDebbie

2 comments:

  1. yummy
    i love casseroles
    they are so hearty definitely comfort foods
    i have a couple old standbys
    keep me posted.........
    talk soon
    karalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love casseroles!!!! Thanks for sharing

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete