Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome 2010!

Wow 2010! I have decided this year instead of making New Year's resolutions which by noon on January 1st I have failed 90% of them if not all of them, that I will make a list of 10 things to accomplish this year instead. This way maybe my chance of success will be higher.



1. Diet. Okay after 20+ years of being overweight, I am dedicated to change this year. I truly have to make a conscious effort to eat properly, cut down on junk food and no eating at night while watching TV, especially while watching Biggest Loser...LOL. I have not always been overweight, in fact, was quite slim and trim during my teenage years...(oh to have that body now?). When I got married the first time around in 1983 when I was only 19 years old I was about 130 pounds. My cousin got married 2.5 months after me and I had ballooned up to 175 in that short period of time. It has been a constant battle ever since then, up and down like a yoyo but never quite achieving my goal, well actually being far from my goal. I have decided that with the girls having moved out and the boys almost self sufficient of themselves, it is time that I take time for myself and concentrate on getting myself healthy. My goal is to lose 35 pounds which will still put me in the "overweight" category according to the BMI but this way it doesn't seem that far away to achieve. I will be posting a Monday morning weigh-in session on my blog so you can see my progress! First weigh-in Monday January 4th!!!



2. Exercise. Okay as much as I hate exercise, I think it goes hand in hand with diet and losing weight! I have bought myself a dvd of Jillian from Biggest Loser and have made myself a schedule for the week. I have blocked time in everyday to exercise for 30 minutes. I have joined gyms in the past, etc. etc. but have never followed through. I am hoping by making my weekly schedule and blocking off time, I will get off my butt and actually do this. I am committing myself to start January 4th! Since I quit my job and have been working at home, all I do is sit so I think it is time to move! I am going to be exercising Monday-Friday.



3. Etsy Shop. My plan for 2010 is to do a bunch of crafts and open an etsy shop and see how I do. I am always concerned my stuff isn't "good enough" but I have to try and have more self confidence!



4. Cleaning. Okay since I quit my job 3 years ago, I thought oh how great will this be to be home and get so much done around the house...NOT!!! I feel I am constantly stuck to this computer and my house has never been in worse shape than when I was working outside the home. Again, in my weekly schedule, I have blocked in time during the week to clean my house.



5. Finish all craft projects. I have so many knitting/crochet/craft projects on the go right now it is ridiculous. I obviously don't have a long attention span. It is my goal this year to complete all unfinished projects!



6. Paint house. Okay it has been over 5 years since we have done anything to the house. After seeing my daughter redo her new house, it has inspired me to paint the house (well my husband will paint and I will supervise). I think with a fresh start for 2010, the house should match with a fresh start!



7. Craft Room. I am so excited to finally get a craft room. As soon as my daughter moves the rest of her stuff out of her room, I am going to paint and decorate and get my craft room all set up.



8. Laundry Room. I am hoping to finally get my laundry room finished as it has sat for the last 7 years without drywall or anything. I need it to be organized as my office is right beside it and it is such an eyesore!

9. Friends. I am going to have to take a stand and not make the first move with my friends all the time. Why am I the one to make the first move over and over again? I would really like people to phone, text, e-mail etc. me first. (okay maybe pmsing right now, not sure but this really bugs me)!

10. Be thankful/grateful. I need to take a step back in certain situations, and be thankful for what I have and that life is so precious and short that you really need to just suck it up sometimes and not worry about the stupid little things.

Okay well that is it. I have 12 months to accomplish these things. I have rearranged the livingroom today and we are heading out to get paint and closet doors tomorrow! Whoot Whoot!
I hope everyone had a great New Year's and that 2010 is a wonderful year for everyone....I think it is going to ROCK!!!
Until next time xxooDebbie

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo with ya, girl!!!! You can do it!!! I'll be here to help any way I can! #9...I soooo feel ya! I feel the same way but I'm done! If people aren't a positive influence in my life, I don't need it! Life's too short to care when they probably don't even think twice about it!
    #3...your stuff is soooo good! I hope by the time this year is over that you will believe that too! I will help promote your etsy shop and do anything I can to help!!! I was just thinking earlier today that I hope you make that cupcake scarf!!! They would make perfect gifts for a few ladies I know! ;)
    Happy New Year, Debbie!!! I'm thankful for becoming friends with you this past year and I hope that our friendship only grows this coming year!!!! xoxo -j

    ReplyDelete